Careers at Bank Star
Bank Star is a community bank with a unique identity. We are committed to serving our community and we are proud of our roots. Bank Star is focused on providing quality customer service with a focus on two of our most valuable assets, our customers and our employees.
It is our mission to provide friendly, courteous, and top-quality financial services. We relish spoiling our customers. We salute the loyalty and pride exhibited by employees who, through their careers at our bank, have proven to be an important asset to the bank and community.
As a company, we are committed to provide our employees with a stable work environment with an equal opportunity for learning, development and personal growth. We provide a friendly and courteous environment to our employees in hope that they will share the same with every customer, vendor, and co-worker.
Bank Star continually supports and dynamically fosters community development. As such we encourage our employees’ enthusiastic involvement in the civic organizations. We supported and continue to support diverse charities. Just a few to mention: Agape Food Pantry, Stray Rescue, Tri County Senior Center, The Rideout Foundation, and Power of the Purse.
At Bank Star your thoughts, opinions and ideas are welcome. Attracting and retaining talented individuals is critical to our success. We offer great working conditions and room for growth. We encourage and reward employee productivity and creativity. As a result, our employees have the opportunity to reach their fullest personal and professional growth.
Bank Star is only interested in hiring the best. If you are a professional and loyal individual with integrity, look no further. We would like to talk to you!
Our employees enjoy what they do and build long term careers with Bank Star.
Current Career Opportunities
- Develop and manage large complex commercial account relationships.
- Effectively interacts with customers, with tact and confidentiality and within bank policy in orderto build long-term working relationship.
- Solicit for new business and interview applicants.
- Pursue business through outside sales meetings with customers and prospects.
- Participate in joint calling efforts with branch personnel.
- Communicate with internal/external customers throughout application and loan process. Provide quality customer services that keep both internal and external customers engaged andcommitted to the bank.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Cross sell bank products and services, counseling customers on pertinent product awareness.
- Collect and analyze financial and related data to establish creditworthiness.
- Monitor customer’s account relationships through financial analysis and ongoing customercontact thus increasing retention and satisfaction, while minimizing risk.
- Maintain efficiency by understanding workflow and eliminating unnecessary processes.
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain relationships with referral sources.
- Manage and structure all types of credit within the department.
- Manage a large loan portfolio with minimal delinquency and runoff.
- Monitor customer adherence to loan terms and enforcement of conditions precedent,covenants, and general monitoring.
- Enforce terms and conditions of loan which may include the collection, initiation ofrepossessions and foreclosures.
- Handle multiple, complex transactions at a time with little supervisor assistance.
- Solve lending problems and make effective loan decisions.
- Structure, coordinate, and underwrite all loans.
- Handle new loan requests.
- Maintain through active participation professional and community relationships, increasing the Bank’s visibility within the marketplace, thus generating new business opportunities and furthering professional development.
- Keep abreast of local economic, financial, and legislative events which may have an impact onlending activities.
- Satisfactorily completes all required compliance training and comply with all regulations, policiesand laws which apply and are within the scope of the position.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in the area of lending and portfolio management. It requires experience in financial analysis and client servicing, and the knowledge of pertinent laws and regulations. It must have a high level of integrity and honesty, teamwork and ability to adapt to change. This position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience with database and calculators. Excellent spelling, grammar and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate in a courteous, professional, tactful and concise manner.
Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
BancStar, Inc. (Bank Star) will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Bank Star will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and the employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, promotion, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training. Bank Star agrees to post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, this Affirmative Action and EEO Policy.
Bank Star will, in all solicitations or advancements for employees placed by or on behalf of Bank Star, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Bank Star shall base employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity and with the intent to further Bank Star’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment. At no time will any covered employee, or covered applicant for employment, who exercises his/her rights pursuant to Bank Star’s Affirmative Action program be subject to discipline, or have his/her opportunities for employment adversely affected.
Bank Star invites any employee or any applicant for employment to review Bank Star’s written Affirmative Action program, absent the data metrics required by §60-741.44(k). The AAP is available for inspection upon request during the hours of 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday in the Human Resources department. Any questions should be directed to Arijana Baskot, Bank Star’s EEO Administrator.
Employees and applicants are invited to identify their race and gender, as well as to identify as an individual with a disability, disabled veteran or protected veteran. This self-identification is strictly voluntary and confidential, and will not result in retaliation of any sort.
EEO Policy Statement Reaffirming Commitment to EEO
In setting forth this plan Bank Star reaffirms its belief in and commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment.
Arijana Baskot has been appointed by Joseph C. Stewart III, Chief Executive Officer, as Bank Star’s EEO Administrator. Arijana Baskot oversees the plan development, modification, implementation, and reporting requirements. Arijana Baskot is responsible for conducting annual management updates. The EEO Administrator also identifies and analyzes Bank Star’s selection process in order to further the principles of equal employment opportunity.
As part of Bank Star’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, it will seek to ensure that all personnel activities, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of any discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In accordance with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act of 1998, Bank Star is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, and Armed Forces service medal veterans.
Bank Star’s employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion or discrimination because they have engaged in or may engage in any of the following activities: (1) filing a complaint; (2) assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance review, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, Other Protected Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, or any other Federal, State or local law requiring equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities or Disabled Veterans or Protected Veterans or; (3) opposing any act or practice made lawful by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, or any other Federal, State or local law requiring equal opportunity for disabled persons or Disabled Veterans or Protected Veterans; or (4) exercising any other right protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, or any other right protected by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended.
** We are Equal Opportunity Employer**