Careers at Bank Star
Bank Star is a community bank with a unique identity. We are committed to serving our community and we are proud of our roots. Bank Star is focused on providing quality customer service with a focus on two of our most valuable assets, our customers and our employees.
It is our mission to provide friendly, courteous, and top-quality financial services. We relish spoiling our customers. We salute the loyalty and pride exhibited by employees who, through their careers at our bank, have proven to be an important asset to the bank and community.
As a company, we are committed to provide our employees with a stable work environment with an equal opportunity for learning, development and personal growth. We provide a friendly and courteous environment to our employees in hope that they will share the same with every customer, vendor, and co-worker.
Bank Star continually supports and dynamically fosters community development. As such we encourage our employees’ enthusiastic involvement in the civic organizations. We supported and continue to support diverse charities. Just a few to mention: Agape Food Pantry, Stray Rescue, Tri County Senior Center, The Rideout Foundation, and Power of the Purse.
At Bank Star your thoughts, opinions and ideas are welcome. Attracting and retaining talented individuals is critical to our success. We offer great working conditions and room for growth. We encourage and reward employee productivity and creativity. As a result, our employees have the opportunity to reach their fullest personal and professional growth.
Bank Star is only interested in hiring the best. If you are a professional and loyal individual with integrity, look no further. We would like to talk to you!
Our employees enjoy what they do and build long term careers with Bank Star.
Current Career Opportunities
Bank Star, Pacific has an excellent opportunity for a Universal Banker position. This position develops and maintains retail banking business of prospective and existing customers. In addition, provides a consistent and high quality service for all banking customers by providing a variety of service functions, including processing checking and savings deposits, withdrawals, opening new accounts and initiating installment loan applications. Specific responsibilities are:
- Provide teller support as follows:
- Cash checks and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amount agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds. Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips. Count and roll loose coins.
- Enter all transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts. Balance cash drawers at the end of the shift. Identify and resolve transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance.
- Meet customer and security banking demands by issuing and controlling all negotiable items such as cashier’s checks, money order, and etc.
- Balances ATM and answers costumer inquiries regarding service charges, account history, on-line banking, and mobile banking all in accordance with disclosure requirements, regulations, and consumer privacy policies.
- Provide platform support as follows:
- Initiate potential customer interaction to obtain information and explain available financial services, such as savings and checking accounts, IRA, CDs, and rent safe deposit boxes. Open accounts and explain financial services including installment loan products.
- Prepare and compile new customer application and information to open new accounts, IRAs, CDS and new installment loans.
- Mail daily statements (approaching maturity, pre-renewal and renewal statements, CD interest checks, loan statements). File IRAs, closed IRAs and safe deposit box rental agreements, new and closed.
- Provide assistance to customers by completing forms, researching account problems, resolving complaints, and correcting records. Sign customers up for internet banking and coordinate debit card ordering.
- Perform, verify, and check maintenance on accounts. Review report for expiring debit cards and maintenance so that new cards are not ordered for closed accounts.
- Explain product benefits, changes, restrictions, requirements, and any other relevant product information to customers. Provide a wide variety of customer service solutions including resolving complex transactions and sensitive customer relations issues.
- Cross-sell and make referrals to generate new business and deepen existing client relationships, participate in client calling activities during special deposit/loan campaigns.
- Take installment loan applications for personal/retail customer needs and “handing off’ the processing of these applications to the appropriate associate.
- Participate in meetings to promote sales, product knowledge, and delivering “exceptional’ customer service.
- Satisfactorily complete all required compliance training and comply with all regulations, policies and laws which apply and are within the scope of the position.
- Maintain confidentiality of customer account information.
- Provide support for all aspects of daily branch operations.
- Work on special projects and other duties as required and assigned.
This position require an Associate Degree or three or more years of experience in similar position. Bachelor’s degree is preferred. This position requires personal computer skills (Microsoft Office, inclusive of Word, Excel, and Outlook) and experience with database and calculators. Excellent spelling, grammar and interpersonal skills to be able to communicate in a courteous, professional, tactful and concise manner. Candidate must be able to work weekends.
If you would like to apply for this position please complete our online application and submit your resume.
Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
BancStar, Inc. (Bank Star) will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Bank Star will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and the employees are treated during employment, without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Such action shall include, but not be limited to the following: employment, promotion, demotion, or transfer; recruitment or recruitment advertising; layoff or termination; rates of pay or other forms of compensation; and selection for training. Bank Star agrees to post in conspicuous places, available to employees and applicants for employment, this Affirmative Action and EEO Policy.
Bank Star will, in all solicitations or advancements for employees placed by or on behalf of Bank Star, state that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Bank Star shall base employment decisions on the principles of equal employment opportunity and with the intent to further Bank Star’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment. At no time will any covered employee, or covered applicant for employment, who exercises his/her rights pursuant to Bank Star’s Affirmative Action program be subject to discipline, or have his/her opportunities for employment adversely affected.
Bank Star invites any employee or any applicant for employment to review Bank Star’s written Affirmative Action program, absent the data metrics required by §60-741.44(k). The AAP is available for inspection upon request during the hours of 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Monday – Friday in the Human Resources department. Any questions should be directed to Arijana Baskot, Bank Star’s EEO Administrator.
Employees and applicants are invited to identify their race and gender, as well as to identify as an individual with a disability, disabled veteran or protected veteran. This self-identification is strictly voluntary and confidential, and will not result in retaliation of any sort.
EEO Policy Statement Reaffirming Commitment to EEO
In setting forth this plan Bank Star reaffirms its belief in and commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment in all terms and conditions of employment.
Arijana Baskot has been appointed by Joseph C. Stewart III, Chief Executive Officer, as Bank Star’s EEO Administrator. Arijana Baskot oversees the plan development, modification, implementation, and reporting requirements. Arijana Baskot is responsible for conducting annual management updates. The EEO Administrator also identifies and analyzes Bank Star’s selection process in order to further the principles of equal employment opportunity.
As part of Bank Star’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, it will seek to ensure that all personnel activities, including but not limited to, recruitment, selection, training, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of any discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In accordance with Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act of 1998, Bank Star is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to individuals with a disability, disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veteran, and Armed Forces service medal veterans.
Bank Star’s employees and applicants shall not be subjected to harassment, intimidation, threats, coercion or discrimination because they have engaged in or may engage in any of the following activities: (1) filing a complaint; (2) assisting or participating in an investigation, compliance review, hearing, or any other activity related to the administration of Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, Other Protected Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, or any other Federal, State or local law requiring equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities or Disabled Veterans or Protected Veterans or; (3) opposing any act or practice made lawful by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, or any other Federal, State or local law requiring equal opportunity for disabled persons or Disabled Veterans or Protected Veterans; or (4) exercising any other right protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, or any other right protected by the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended.
** We are Equal Opportunity Employer**